Pages

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Things We Wish We Knew Back Then.

 
Looking back to your childhood, and teenage years, don't you wish you knew then what you know now? There are so many things I wish I could tell my younger self, which you may relate to;


 
  
Primary School
 
1) Don't worry about doing PE infront of the group.. You'll still hate it when you're older, but I'm sure the other 7-12 year olds won't remember how bad you were at volleyball.
 
 
2) Don't fret over your SATS.. If anything Soph, prepare yourself for the bloody awful essays coming your way in college.
 
 
3) Popularity couldn't be less important, you may think having loads of friends is what you want but lets be honest, you'll probably be going to Secondary school with about 10 of these, and you'll stay good friends with only 1.
 
 
4) Your school dinners were actually quite nice.. you'll miss them when you're older, make the most of that sponge cake while you can Soph!
 
 
 
Secondary School
 
1) Your results in your tests, exams, essays, don't define who you are. You could have brilliant social skills, be brilliant at understanding people, not every exam you take will highlight this. Don't worry if you didn't get that B you were predicted in Science.
 
 
2) Sometimes your best just isn't good enough.. And thats ok! Believe it or not, the fact you weren't that good at RE.. doesn't mean you won't succeed at other things.
 
 
3) Make the most of the easy life you have at the minute, you think school is really difficult, you hate the place, you can't wait to leave, however give it a few years and you'll realise that growing up isn't quite what you imagined.
 
 
4) Wearing that blue glittery eyeliner to school.. Not only will it look hideous, but you'll also remember that time you always wore it to school.. Instant regret.
 
 
5) Bin the white socks. Pairing those with your black dolly shoes.. definite no.
 
 
6) Make the most of the time you have with your tutor group, they're actually a good bunch of people, you grew up with them, you'll learn to love their annoying ways. That goes for your whole year group, in a few years you'll be wondering what everyone is doing, even the girl you never spoke to.
 
 
7) For god sake LISTEN! You will spend your adulthood learning lots of new things.. only to realise you were taught them at school. You would've known this Soph but y'know.. Talking was a priority!
 
 
 
General Life
 
1) The dream matte mouse is disgusting. That is all.
 
 
2) Start saving your money when you begin earning it, ffs you could be loaded by now!!
 
 
3) Spend less time worrying. This is time you'll never get back.
 
 
5) Blend blend blend that makeup! No one likes a foundation line.
 
 
6) Get your eyebrows done by a professional.. Going in all guns blazing, clueless, isn't going to do you or your eyebrows any favours.
 
 
7) Be yourself.. If people don't like you, fuck um!
 
 
8) Choose your friends wisely.. Eventually your real friends shine through, and those who matter will stick by you. And those who don't, aren't worth thinking about.
 
 
9) And finally, remember to cherish every moment with your family, they won't always be here, and it will hit you like a tonne of bricks when they're not. Make as many memories as possible.
 
 
 
There we have it, a few things I wish I knew when I was younger. I wonder how different life would be now?
 
What would you tell your younger self? Id be interested to know!
 
Sophxo

33 comments:

  1. I love this! I would tell my younger self to stand up for what i believe in and speak my mind.

    Stay fabulous x
    http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my yes! Definitely! I never used to speak my mind incase I was judged xxx

      Delete
  2. Wow I am in love with this post thanks for sharing. Do you want to support each other’s blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you’s like to so I can follow you right back x

    kisses
    http://www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea for a post ! I'd tell my younger self to talk about it when she's upset and that it's okay notto hold everything together :)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same, I kept everything in and thought my life had to be perfect, how wrong was I! Xxxx

      Delete
  4. Something I was always scared to do! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! So much is true, especially making the most of your life before growing up. Growing up is not what I expected... Great post!

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so over rated isn't it! It's all bills and money in my life at the minute! Xx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched a video of Danisnotonfire who did something like that and I thought about writing a post similar to it and then I saw yours! :) Lovely idea, it was wonderful reading through it x

    Cristina at My Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watched it! It was fun writing it but makes you think a bit too much and I got a bit deep haha! Xxx

      Delete
  8. I couldn't agree more with "test scores don't define you". I just find it so unfair that we are graded on intelligence based on timed test. Because 1. timed tests stress students out and 2. Those test are never related to what you actually learn in class!! I also really wish I knew that others people's opinions of you don't matter. This is a really great post :D Loved reading it <3

    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely! We're all different yet we all do the same exam paper.. It's silly really!

      Timed tests dress me out, definitely puts more pressure on you!

      I was terrible for being affected by what other people thought of me, I wish I could go back and just tell them all to f off, would be a much better resolution haha! Thankyou for the lovely lovely lovely comment dear xxx

      Delete
  9. This is some great advice! Especially about the dream matte mousse hahahaha I definitely wish I knew that in highschool :|
    Abiee xx
    http://www.abieelucas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awful isn't it.. Does anyone even buy it now? Is it still even available any more?! Who knows haha xxx

      Delete
  10. This post makes me so happy! I do not understand the need to be popular. I sure wasn't but I was friendly and had a good group of friends and that makes me happy. I don't know if it's good or not that I wasn't being really experimental and stupid back when I was younger. It would be funny to look back on :) x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I wasn't either - but a good bunch of friends, I kind of floated between groups so was friend with everyone. Which I'm glad about as it meant I knew everyone and could chat to everyone, without feeling awkward.

      Thanks for the lovely comment Hun! Xxx

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. It was awful wasn't it. Haha cringe xx

      Delete
  12. I love the 'spend less time worrying', wish I knew that back then.

    http://lxdia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I spent way to much time worrying over silly things. Xx

      Delete
  13. great post! I should also stop worrying about every single little thing! thanks for sharing this!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such an encouraging post, especially the bit about GCSE results! I get mine on the 20th of August and I was really panicking, so this has made me feel a lot better!!

    Also, I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Awards!
    versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com - here are the details!
    Love Georgia xxx
    georgieblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw bless you, honestly gcse results aren't as important as you think - I got a few Bs, a few Cs, and a fair few Ds, and I'm now a fully qualified nursery nurse. I found that my results were kind of a back up - try not to worry too much! I'm sure you've done well xxx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! xxx

      Delete
  15. What an awesome read! Very encouraging! I am glad I am not the only one who feels the way you do about certain things. xoxo

    www.midwesternmamalove.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing post,really love it :)
    Keep in touch
    xoxo Antonella
    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I relate to far too many of these haha!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bad isn't it.. All so cringe haha! Xxx

      Delete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme