Pages

Tuesday 22 September 2015

My Autumn|Winter Bedroom.


 
I absolutely love autumn/winter, so much so that I moan through the whole of summer, and when autumn starts to appear I change my room to suit the season literally straight away haha.
 
My bedroom is quite bright and pretty plain, so making it feel warm is actually quite difficult, especially as it's white! So I thought I would share with you the things you would typically find in my room throughout the autumn/winter months, to make it feel a little more cosy! :)
 
I've done this a lot earlier this year, because the UK has been pretty chilly recently! and I'm a really cold person haha.. Or maybe I'm just a little excited that it's almost winter..
 
 
 
 
Now it's getting colder in the evenings I've been opting for baths rather than showers, I can't seem to have a bath without a lush bath bomb, they're my absolute faveeeeee. I keep all of them in my bedroom, because they smell absolutely amazing - last year I had all of the Christmas ones, and my room smelt incredible, and so Christmassy!
Pictured, is Lush's Experimenter.
 
 
Yep.. there it is, the Christmassy looking bedding.. with woodland creatures and reindeers, honestly the aim wasn't for this post to be so Christmassy haha! Throughout summer I either had a butterfly duvet cover, or a bright pastel patch work cover, they're very pretty but for the cooler months I prefer something a bit more muted, and I don't know why, but when I think of the woodland cover I've got on now, I automatically think of autumn/winter, I have no idea why haha! I've also recently changed my thin duvet over to my thicker one, which is so strange getting used to again?! But I always sleep with the window open, even in winter, so this helps massively!
 
I've recently discovered an amazing luxury bedding company called Parachute., and I'm so glad I've found them because their bedding is literally incredible. When we get right into winter I'll be ordering a duvet from these guys, they're incredibly thick but also light weight, there's nothing worse than a thick duvet that's stupidly heavy. I'm used to really cheap bedding, so this would be a treat for me, at the end of the day you get what you pay for, and I imagine their bedding quality is brilliant.
 
 
The fluffy slippers are back! Oh how I've missed these..
 
 
I always find myself cuddling up to this cushion at night, it keeps me so warm haha, is that weird to say?! Probably..
 
 
There's nothing quite like fairy lights in autumn/winter. I have them on literally all the time, they help my room feel so much warmer. And they were only £4 from Primark, bargain!
 
 
Candles are an essential for making a bright room feel cosy. I always have at least one burning, this one in particular was Yankee Candles Cranberry Pear - it smells incredible! I've popped it in my fireplace, as it doesn't actually work, but putting a candle in there gives the illusion that it does, or so I think. Now whilst I was browsing the Parachute website, I stumbled across their candles, and found their Fireside Scented Candle - imagine how amazing this would smell?! I need it. Now. You can find it here.
 
 
And last but not least, I don't think there will ever be a time in the colder months where you won't find a hot chocolate in my room.. and a cake to go with!
 
 
I hope you enjoyed seeing how I change my room around to suit the colder months, it feels so much more cosy now, I'm glad to see the back of summer!
 


Sophxo
 
 
Follow me on;
Bloglovin - Sophie Jade
Instagram - soph_Cullen
 
 
 
 
 
This post was written by myself, and all opinions are my own.

44 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute post! All the photos look so cozy and ready for the winter season.
    I just came across your blog and I love it, can't wait to see more!😄x

    Morveneilidhh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thankyou lovely, that's really kind of you x

      Delete
  3. This post made me feel super cosy! :) I absolutely LOVE lush bath bombs, I used 'the comforter' the other day and it was the best thing ever. Lovely post xx

    blogjustabubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah im glad! eeeek me too! they're my favourite, xo

      Delete
  4. So jealous of your cute little fireplace! Living in uni halls I am SO missing autumn candles! Fairy lights are my saviour though!
    great post, very cosy looking room!
    catherine xx
    california-souls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so sweet isn't it, fairy lights do the job too though don't they!

      thankyou lovely that'd really kind of you xx

      Delete
  5. I am so jealous!! I'm also a huge fan of colder seasons, so I'm always complaining throughout summer about how hot it is and how I can't wait for thanksgiving and christmas, haha. Totally love how cozy your room is! Also, I seriously need to invest in some Lush products! I've heard too many good things about them and I'm dying to test out some of their stuff >_< .

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! I much prefer the colder months, you really do need to invest in lush! Their products are literally amazing - can't get enough! xx

      Delete
  6. I LOVED this post :) I also love lush and am really excited for their christmas stuff to come out , especially the marzipan scented soap they have at christmas :) The woodland cover is really cute, I'd love something like that in my room ! Hot chocolate and fairy lights are a must hehe ... and in winter I can actually justify them ;)

    lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im so excited for lush's Christmas things to come out, so sad haha! thankyou for the lovely comment, I really do appreciate it! xxx

      Delete
  7. your room looks so cosy and ready for winter. I love the colours of the bath bomb too!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it certainly is! The bath bomb was lovely, smelled amazing too!xx

      Delete
  8. your room looks so cosy! your fireplace looks lovely:-) x

    emjbarker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your room looks so amazing, especially for the cold winter months! And you've really made me fancy a hot chocolate now! Great post xx

    louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love winter, my room always feels so much better in the winter haha. xo

      Delete
  10. Your room look so cozy! Fuzzy slipper are my favorite thing to wear in the colder seasons!

    Brunette-ish

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely to see this! I am really jealous of your huge candles!
    WritingMonique

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow amazing photos dear! *-* I love autumn/winter too! Your fluffy slippers are so lovely! ^-^
    xoxo
    www.milleunrossetto.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bedroom looks so warm and cozy. Ready for the long winter. Anyway, love it! :)

    All the love, Eiren. xx
    http://pastelavenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ready and waiting haha.. its so cold here at the minute! the candles are definitely giving the illusion its warmer than it is thats for sure xo

      Delete
  14. Your bedroom looks so warm and cozy. It's perfect for fall/winter. Great pictures.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply beautiful! Your bedroom looks so beautiful and cozy♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  16. really pretty and cosy :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That bath looks dreamy! :D

    If you want to win dinner for 2 at The Shard, then check out my blog post: http://www.laurenslifestyle.com/2015/09/win-dinner-for-2-at-shard.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm soo jealous of your room it looks so cute and cosy!! I absolutely love the fireplace! *emoji heart eyes*
    Also I tagged you in my Autumn tag in my latest post :-)
    http://www.abieelucas.com/2015/09/the-autumn-tag.html#.VgsTxp3BzGe
    Hope you get round to doing it if you want to!
    Abiee xx
    http://www.abieelucas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad blogger.. Ive just realised I haven't replied to literally any of the comments on here, oopsieeeee.
      I literally adore my fireplace. Its amazing, so glad I didn't get rid of it! xxxx

      Delete
  19. your room looks super cosy, I especially like the fairy lights and fluffy cushions xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the bedding so much - think i might have to go myself the set! xo

    Jessica Ann ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. all this autumn is literally making my mouth drool. i am not kidding. Los angeles is in denial and still thinks its summer, so i cant even imagine lighting even a scented candle right now. which is so not fair. i want autumn so badly. you think if i ask really politely, LA will relent?

    yah, i thought not.
    www.cynicalduchess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah this made me chuckle!
      well, in the uk its winter all year round! so maybe we could switch and I could have the sun for a little while? xx

      Delete
  22. Your room looks so cosy! And that bath bomb looks amazing.

    Emily // Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. it really does! cranberry pear.. UHMAZINGGGG! xx

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme