Pages

Friday 10 March 2017

Lush Cosmetics Cup O' Coffee Face Mask Review




 For as long as I can remember I have never, ever, liked drinking coffee. I cannot stand the bitter taste and the smell is just horrible in my opinion! So The fact I've bought a Lush Cosmetics face mask which is coffee scented is a bit weird isn't it.. 

I had a smell of the Cup O' Coffee face mask in the shop and was pleasantly surprised. It doesn't smell as bitter as I expected, I think that's because theres a slight undertone of chocolate which completely tones it down, or at least I think so. This may be because I'm someone who cannot stand the smell of coffee! Don't get me wrong, the scent is still pretty strong, but weirdly, I quite like it. 

Cup O' Coffee is an exfoliating face and body mask, meaning it can be used all over your body giving you the same affect as it would on your face. Due to the coffee scent, which understandably people will have as a drink most mornings to wake them up because of the caffeine, it has the exact same effect on your skin, leaving it hydrated and stimulating it to prepare you for the long day ahead. I use this when I really need it; early mornings seem to work best for me as it honestly does wake me up and gives me that fresh face feeling. 







The face mask contains a wide array of ingredients that exfoliate, hydrate and moisturise your skin, such as Kaolin. Which until now id never heard of. It basically helps to exfoliate your skin, removing dead skin cells from the very top surface of your skin, because of the grainy texture of the face mask you can really feel it working. Vetivert oil also takes an important place in the ingredients as this is the main thing that restores the moisture you may have lost in your skin. Not forgetting the all important Coffee Infusion, Coco Extract, & Vanilla Absolute.

In the morning, I will apply the face mask with a brush as I'm one of those weird people that cannot stand getting my hands dirty; not sure why but we'll go with it. I will leave it on for a good 15-20 minutes whilst I have breakfast, before rubbing it into my face to further exfoliate my skin, before washing it off over the sink. 

I have noticed such a huge difference in my skin, before I started using this I had quite oily but dry skin, annoying because any moisturiser would enhance the oil, and if I didn't use any along comes the dryness. That seems to be no longer a problem, my skin just seems to be instantly rejuvenated. 


Over all I don't think there is anything I don't like about this mask, it smells yummy, it's vegan, and instantly feels like it's working. 
For £6.95 for 150g, £13.50 for 325g, I would say its definitely worth the purchase. 


Love, Soph.


Follow me on;
Bloglovin - Sophie Jade
Instagram - Sophcullen


11 comments:

  1. I've been dying to try this mask! It sounds lovely :)


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so so good! you definitely need to xo

      Delete
  2. I've never tried any masks from the body shop but I really want to and this one sounds amazing! X
    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's my new favourite.. smells amazing! xx

      Delete
  3. I've never tried any masks from Lush. I love the smell of coffee, so this sounds amazing! lovely post x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds soo good! I absolutely love the smell of coffee as well, so this would be an instant winner in my books! I'm also the same as you with getting my hands dirty, so I think it's a great idea applying this mask with a brush :) xo

    Char | www.charslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so great! I usually never wear facemasks but your post has definitely made me want to get it! xx

    louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely keen on trying out this mask. I am a huge fan of the mask of magnaminty, so this seems right up my alley.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mask sounds fun, I need to try it!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just went to Lush this weekend and was contemplating whether to get this or not. I didn't end up getting it and got the hair moisturizer instead. But since you seem to like it, I might give it a try! Thanks for your recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme