Pages

Friday 5 January 2018

My 4 New MAC Cosmetics Lipsticks | do I really NEED any more?!



If you know me well, you'll know lipsticks are 100% my 'thing'. Ask me how many I have now and I honestly couldn't tell you, anywhere between 50-60 at least. I know thats pretty extreme and no one needs that many bloody lipsticks, but I like to have options y'know.. lots, and lots of options.. haha!

I was adamant before Christmas, that I would get through all the lipsticks I own, I managed to wear a different shade every single day throughout December but obviously, that didn't really make much of a difference to the old collection. Although, what it did do was ensure I used near enough every single one, because I'm the worst for buying a lipstick and not wanting to ruin it because a brand new one is just so pretty. Anyone else?

Anyway, for Christmas my ever so lovely other half, or should I say my son Alfie (obvs Matt though) had a little look on the MAC website and chose these 4 lipsticks for me, and I bloody love um. Matt knows I'm a big fan of reds, dark purples, burgundies, and more recently nudes like mehr, so he was pretty sure I was going to like the ones he chose. Anyway, these are the beauties Matt picked out for me;








First up is probably my favourite out the lot, this one is Russian Red, I've had lot of orange toned reds before but nothing quite like this one, (spoken like a true lipstick hoarder who INSISTS every shade is different) & its a matte, which is my favourite finish as I'm just not a fan of a shiny lipstick on me. 



This one is Antique Velvet, and is actually the darkest lipstick I own now, it kind of reminds me another MAC shade I have which is slightly more purple toned, Antique Velvet is definitely more brown which I surprisingly really like the look off, this one is also a matte.




This one looks almost identical to Pink Plaid (another one I already have surprise surprise) but this is slightly more pinky id say. It's called Nouvelle Vogue & is also a matte. I think this will look fab in spring so I'm going to try my best to save it until then, I used to wear pinks all the time so I really need to get back into that, they used to be my go to's for every day wear!




Finally we have Nude Du Jour, the perfect nude shade for my skin tone. Im natural quite tanned so I find it quite tricky to find darker nudes that don't look like I've just covered my lips in foundation, I'm not too keen on lighter nudes because I don't think they really suit me, so Nude Du Jour is perfect for me. I think this will soon become my every day shade, it reminds me of Mehr to look at, but is much less pink. Infant I don't think I've actually owned a nude which isn't completely overruled by pink, so I'm looking forward to trying this one!


How pretty are they?! I am obsessed with MAC lipsticks, well lipsticks in general actually! Have you picked up any new ones recently!? Being from MAC or any other brand in general? Im always on the look out for new ones when I probably really shouldn't be haha..


Soph xo

Follow me on;
Bloglovin - Sophie Jade

Instagram - sophcullen





5 comments:

  1. wow these look incredible and those shades are so pretty!! i love the nude one too xx

    cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a new Mac lipsticks! Such a lovely assortment of shades!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are such pretty shades. Russian Red looks like such a lovely shade x

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these shades look gorgeous! I especially love the last two - soo pretty xo

    Char | www.charslittleblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have Mac got new packaging?! I'm loving those coloured lids!! I neeeed Russian Red, it looks beaut x

    Gemma Louise

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme